I’ve tried other hobbies, like scrap-booking, or is it book scrapping? Anyway, I went out bought all the gadgets, but it didn’t fulfill me Continue reading September Block – Album
There are certain types of blocks that you have to be very precise on. Others you can square down to make them all consistent. In Video 13, I’ll show you how to make all your blocks Continue reading Video 13: Squaring Up Your Blocks
So I had a little snafu with my measurements, I’m renaming this block “Colorado on Steroids”! No, really, our second block is “Colorado Beauty”. Continue reading August Block: Colorado Beauty
It’s that time of year to start thinking about the Matthews Alive Quilt Exhibit. Continue reading Matthews Alive!
The Mid Carolina Shop hop starts on Tuesday, June 22. Participating shops will be open from 10:00am to 7:00pm, Tuesday through Saturday.
Each shop will be demonstrating something different. We’ll be demonstrating Fusible Applique’ and flower making techniques.
Remember you must have your passport stamped at each shop to be illegible for the grand prize: a $1100 gift certificate. That’s a $100 gift certificate from each shop, plus there are several additional grand prizes and each shop has lots of door prizes.
Can’t wait to see you!
Join us on Saturday, June 12th, for our closing the Store Front Auction. The auction will start promptly at 2:00pm and end at 5:00pm. Continue reading Auction
Thanks to all of you who have emailed, called and stopped in with words of encouragement and best wishes. I know many of you are sad, but this is really a great thing for us and you. Let me give you a clear view of what we’ll be bringing you in the future:
- Retreats – We are known for our entertaining, instructional retreats. I will be adding more retreats throughout the year. Wait till you see some of our new locations!
- Shows – We are already committed to be at the Cabarrus Quilt Show in September, Barnful of Quilts in October and the Quilting and Needle Art Extravaganza in Statesville in January. We plan on having kits, kits and more kits along with our beautiful, easy to read patterns. We’ll be looking into attending other shows as well.
- Videos – We’ll continue to bring you instructional videos on basic quilting techniques.
- Workshops – I’ll be scheduling workshops at various locations throughout the year.
- Patterns – I’ll be working hard to bring you new patterns, ideas and more inspiration.
- The Blog & Other Stuff – Oh yes, the blog. I’ll have time for that too … I’ll be a blogging fool! I will keep you updated on my happenings. I’ll also have the time to finish my Quilting 101 book, and start on “The Easy Way to Paper Piecing!”