Thanks to all of you who have emailed, called and stopped in with words of encouragement and best wishes. I know many of you are sad, but this is really a great thing for us and you. Let me give you a clear view of what we’ll be bringing you in the future:
- Retreats – We are known for our entertaining, instructional retreats. I will be adding more retreats throughout the year. Wait till you see some of our new locations!
- Shows – We are already committed to be at the Cabarrus Quilt Show in September, Barnful of Quilts in October and the Quilting and Needle Art Extravaganza in Statesville in January. We plan on having kits, kits and more kits along with our beautiful, easy to read patterns. We’ll be looking into attending other shows as well.
- Workshops – I’ll be scheduling workshops at various locations throughout the year.
- Patterns – I’ll be working hard to bring you new patterns, ideas and more inspiration.
- The Blog & Other Stuff – Oh yes, the blog. I’ll have time for that too … I’ll be a blogging fool! I will keep you updated on my happenings. I’ll also have the time to finish my Quilting 101 book, and start on “The Easy Way to Paper Piecing!”
Join us for a mystery quilt retreat on the Blue Ridge Parkway in the rustic and beautiful Volunteer Gap Inn and Cabins. Continue reading Quilting on the Blue Ridge
Quilting in the Woods at Bethelwoods Camp & Conference Center. Thursday, January 7th – Sunday, January 10th, 2010. Begins at 10:00am on Thursday and ends at 4:00pm on Sunday.
This is your weekend to do what you want to do – quilt, knit, read, nap, eat, rock on the porch, visit with other attendees, finish projects, start new projects – whatever. No “formal” classes, a few demos, some optional activities. Door prizes! Fun! Fellowship!
We will start with lunch on Thursday and continue through lunch on Sunday. These meals are included in the cost of the weekend. Be sure to let us know if you have any special requirements.
We have reserved Cabins 1-4 for the retreat. Each cabin has two bedrooms. Each bedroom has four bunk beds and a bathroom – up to eight people to a bedroom. If you have a group of friends who want to share the same bedroom or cabin, please indicate this on the registration form.
$275 for the entire weekend. A non-refundable deposit of $100 is due with registration. The balance owing is due on the dates on your registration form. (Note: For this year’s retreat, payment would be due in full.) Please keep a copy for your records. Please note that the retreat is open to adults and children 8 years or older. The price is the same for both adults and children.
If you find that you cannot attend and desire a refund of the balance of your fee left after the non-refundable deposit, we will require that you find someone to take your place. Please check with us to see if we have a waiting list.
Quilting in the Woods Retreat is organized by Aimee Griffin with assistance from Ruth Biehl.
Thank you to the gals who made me laugh this weekend! We had a total of 13 at this past weekend’s Blue Ridge retreat. The Mystery was revealed Friday night. As usual the food was incredible – La’Teah out did herself again. Deanna’s hospitality is amazing, she makes you feel like you are family.
October’s retreat is already full, but we have a waiting list.
New dates for 2010:
- April 8-11
- June 24-27
- October 21-24
Last chance to sign up for the Quilting on the Blue Ridge retreat starting on Thursday, April 16th. There are still rooms available. Continue reading Quilting on the Blue Ridge